Rimouski is a Canadian municipality in eastern Quebec’s Bas-Saint-Laurent area. On the southern edge of the St. Lawrence River basin, the city is set on a slope that slowly slopes into its bauxite mine, which is protected by the Île Saint-Barnabé. Augustin Rouer de la Cardonnière received the property in 1688. The very first inhabitant was Germain Lepage (1696), then Jesuits and Recollet preachers arrived in 1701. The term for “country of the mammoth” in Morphological Indian language is likely where the originated from. In 1950, a wildfire decimated about two-third of the town, although since then it has been restored.
Parc National du Bic
Parc National du Bic is a nature reserve that attracts tourists with its display of local animals and scenery. It offers a wide variety of biking and hiking trails trails. Approximately half of the park includes a coastline maritime habitat that is host to vast numbers of sea lions and grey seals, in combination with streams, salty marshes, and rolling hills. Go on your seaside hike about noon to see the creatures quietly basking in the sunshine on the stones. Many campgrounds throughout the area provide somewhere to sleep if you’d want to remain a little longer and take it easy on the beauty, but they often only have minimal facilities.
Visit the marine exhibition Site Historique Maritime De La Pointe-au-Pere to see historic relics. Take a walking tour with a companion to view the goalie’s residence, the megaphone building, and other components of the 33 m (108 ft) lighthouse’s unique light. A torpedo that operated in Canada’s nautical services, the HMCS Onondaga, as well as artefacts recovered from the 1914 RMS Empress of Ireland disaster are also included at the exhibition.
A town in Quebec, Canada is called Rimouski. At the estuary of the Rimouski River, in the Bas-Saint-Laurent area, sits the city of Rimouski. It has 46,860 inhabitants (as of 2011). The University of Quebec at Rimouski (UQAR), the Cégep de Rimouski (which houses the Institut marine du Québec), and the Musical Academy are all located in Rimouski. Additionally, various ocean scientific research facilities are located there. History Sir René Lepage de Ste-Claire established the town in 1696. The Seigneurie of Rimouski, that also stretched all along St. Lawrence River from the Hâtée River at Le Bic to the Métis River, was acquired by him in return for estate he currently owns on the Île d’Orléans that he had traded with Augustin Rouer de la Cardonnière. He was initially from Ouanne in the Burgundy province.