The development of a golf course in Val-Neigette was a project long desired by the followers of the ski resort and by a large number of golfers in the region.
- In 1974, a provisional committee was formed for the construction of a golf course.
- In 1977, it was the formation of the corporation “Le Club de golf Val-Neigette”. The services of the renowned architect John Watson are retained for the eventual development of the plans for an 18-hole course, the construction of which was carried out according to the following schedule:
- 1978: start of the fundraising campaign.
- 1979: the corporation proceeded with the purchase of the land and the beginning of the deforestation work.
- 1980 and 1981: construction of the 9-hole course.
- In the spring of 1982: opening of the course.
- 1984: start of construction work on the second 9-hole course.
- August 31, 1986: official opening of the 18-hole course.